The Australian Workplace Equality Index
The AWEI sets out a range of expectations as it is and extremely comprehensive and evidence based. Therefore does take some time to complete.
Employers are asked a series of very specific questions in relation to areas that directly impact inclusion, or the perception thereof, and are required to provide evidence for all responses. Evidence may entail a detailed description of a process or alternatively attach copies of supporting documentation to validate responses. All employers are measured same criteria but must provide sufficient evidence, as requested.
As the Index is used for benchmarking purposes, the necessary rigour and submission process provides an accurate gauge regarding the level of inclusivity efforts within the submitting employer organisation.
Many of these expectations are explained through key terminology and tutorials defined below. In addition, we show you best practice examples of how to record and submit your evidence.
AWEI Tutorial: Raising the Bar & Setting Expectations
This tutorial is important for all AWEI participants, regarding the new iteration of the Index which discusses topics including:
- Why Pride in Diversity reviews the Index every three years
- Employer Participation Tiers – what determines Gold, Silver and Bronze ranking?
- Why the Index has changed to reflect shifts in practice and the research regarding this
- Review and analysis of domestic and international focus
- What has changed in the AWEI 2020 – less questions!
- The importance of resetting expectations
AWEI Scoring Guideline
The Scoring Guidelines are to be used in conjunction with the AWEI submission documents. They are designed to provide you with guidance in gathering evidence for the index in which you are submitting, with the purpose of obtaining maximum points allocated per question.
This document(s) break down each question of the Index, providing you with:
- an understanding of why the question is important
- highly beneficial information to help you provide accurate evidence
- the maximum number of points each question can achieve
Scoring Guidelines will be available soon.
Please visit our Data Analysis page to view AWEI Practice Points, based on data collected from the latest AWEI Employee Survey. You can also click here to register for the Practice Points mailing list.
AWEI Mailing List
Keep up to date with all the latest notifications, includes tips, reminders, press releases, reminders by joining our AWEI Mailing List. Click here to register for the AWEI mailing list.
For more information on the AWEI and Australian LGBTQ Inclusion Awards event, please contact the Pride in Diversity office on (02) 9206 2139 or at AWEI@prideindiversity.com.au.