The Australian Workplace Equality Index
While many Awards Nomination Processes boast a much quicker and less cumbersome submission process, the AWEI is extremely comprehensive and evidence based and therefore does take some time to complete. Employers are asked a series of very specific questions in relation to areas that directly impact inclusion or the perception thereof and are required to provide evidence for all responses. Evidence may entail a detailed description of a process or alternatively copies of supporting documentation to validate responses. This ensures that all employers are measured on not only the same criteria but allows employers the flexibility in their approach to meeting that criteria provided sufficient evidence is supplied.
As the Index is used for benchmarking purposes, its necessary rigour and submission process provides an accurate gauge as to the level of inclusivity currently being worked on within the submitting employer organisation. Already, since its launch in 2010, the index has witnessed a significant shift in practice and as a result was re-aligned in 2014 to not only match the level of practice currently within Australia but to once again shift it to the next level. The AWEI was realigned once again in 2016.
AWEI 2020 SUBMISSION DATES
We can accept AWEI submissions between Monday 6th January – 5pm Friday 6th March 2020 (or midnight Saturday 7th March 2020 if sending large file transfer URL).
- No later than 5pm, Friday 6th March 2020 for hand-delivered, couriered or mailed submissions (hard copies, USB, etc).
- Deadline for large file transfer program URL (Including but not limited to Dropbox, Google Docs, ParcelPost, SharePoint or any other internally approved large file transfer system) midnight Saturday 7th March 2020 (note: file attachments will not be accepted within emails).
- Send to AWEI@prideindiversity.com.au with a copy to email@example.com
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR SUBMITTERS
Please ensure that you have signed up to the following newsletter – this will ensure that you receive all relevant information and updates in terms of the up and coming AWEI period. Click here to sign up or go to: http://eepurl.com/tT7vf
OPTIONAL AWEI EMPLOYEE SURVEY
Participating in the AWEI optional survey? You will be able to request your unique survey URL as of Monday 20th January, 2020. The survey will go live from Monday 3rd February and will remain open until the close of submissions Saturday 7th March, 2020 (midnight).
Participation in the survey allows you to balance the results of your AWEI with the views and lived experiences of your employees. While survey data is linked to your organisation enabling us to provide you with a comprehensive high level analysis of responses, individual respondent data is not collected.
AWEI 2020 SUBMISSION DOCUMENTS
AWEI for Small Employers (500 or less employees)
- AWEI 2020 Small Employers (500 or less employees) – Doc 1 of 2 – Employer Participation Details – click here to download
- AWEI 2020 Small Employers (500 or less employees) – Doc 2 of 2 – Annual Submission – click here to download
Standard AWEI (501+ employees)
- AWEI 2020 (501+ Employees) – Doc 1 of 2 – Employer Participation Details – click here to download
- AWEI 2020 (501+ Employees) – Doc 2 of 2 – Standing & Annual Submission – click here to download
2020 Individual Award Nomination Forms
Individual Award Nomination Forms will be uploaded soon – sign up to the AWEI mailing list to receive notification when these go live.
- 2020 CEO of the Year – click here to download
- 2020 Executive Leadership Award – click here to download
- 2020 External Media Campaign Award – click here to download
- 2020 Network Leader of the Year Award – click here to download
- 2020 OUT Role Model Award – click here to download
- 2020 Sally Webster Ally Award – click here to download
- 2020 Sapphire Inspire Awards (for LGBTIQ) Women – click here to download
2020 Document Revisions
While we have taken every care to proof-read the submission documents extensively, should any minor changes be required this table will document any and all changes made.
|02/07/19||All submission documents||Initial|
|04/07/19||AWEI 2020 (501+ Employees) – Doc 2 of 2 – Standing & Annual Submission||1.1||Formatting changes throughout; updates to Q6, Q8, Q15, Q17|
|08/07/2019||AWEI 2020 (501 or more Employees) - Doc 2 of 2 - Standing & Annual Submission||1.2||Q34: 2019 Executive Leadership and Engagement: Removed reference to executive sponsors. This can be any senior leader.|
|09/07/2019||AWEI 2020 (501 or more Employees) - Doc 2 of 2 - Standing & Annual Submission||1,2||Q34: Adjustment to evidence required.|
AWEI Mailing List
Keep up to date with all the latest notifications, includes tips, reminders, press releases, reminders by joining our AWEI Mailing List. Click here to register.
For more information on the 2019 AWEI and Australian LGBTI Inclusion Awards event, please contact the Pride in Diversity office on (02) 9206 2139.