The Australian Workplace Equality Index
While many Awards Nomination Processes boast a much quicker and less cumbersome submission process, the AWEI is extremely comprehensive and evidence based and therefore does take some time to complete. Employers are asked a series of very specific questions in relation to areas that directly impact inclusion or the perception thereof and are required to provide evidence for all responses. Evidence may entail a detailed description of a process or alternatively copies of supporting documentation to validate responses. This ensures that all employers are measured on not only the same criteria but allows employers the flexibility in their approach to meeting that criteria provided sufficient evidence is supplied.
As the Index is used for benchmarking purposes, its necessary rigour and submission process provides an accurate gauge as to the level of inclusivity currently being worked on within the submitting employer organisation. Already, since its launch in 2010, the index has witnessed a significant shift in practice and as a result was re-aligned in 2014 to not only match the level of practice currently within Australia but to once again shift it to the next level. The AWEI was realigned once again in 2016.
AWEI 2019 SUBMISSION DATES
For 2019, we are opening up a submission period rather than just stipulating a cut-off date.
We can accept AWEI submissions between Monday 25th February – 5pm Friday 8th March 2019 (or midnight Saturday 9th March 2019 if sending large file transfer URL’s).
- No later than 5pm, Friday 8th March 2019 for hand-delivered, couriered or mailed submissions (hard copies, USB’s etc).
- Deadline for large file transfer program URL’s (Including but not limited to Dropbox, Google Docs, ParcelPost, Microsoft OneDrive or any other internally approved large file transfer system) midnight Saturday 10th March 2019 (note: file attachments will not be accepted within emails). Send to AWEI@prideindiversity.com.au with a copy to email@example.com
Please ensure that you have signed up to the following newsletter. This will ensure that you receive all relevant information and updates in terms of the up and coming AWEI period. Click here to sign up or go to: http://eepurl.com/tT7vf
OPTIONAL AWEI EMPLOYEE SURVEY (Submitting organisations only)
The annual optional employee survey will go online towards the end of January 2019. You will be notified via the AWEI mailing list and this page when you can send a request for your unique URL. Please do not send any requests yet.
AWEI 2019 SUBMISSION DOCUMENTS
To assist you (all employers):
- PowerPoint Show – Top 10 Tips for Completion – click here to download
- AWEI 2019 Critical information for all submitting employers – click here to download
AWEI for Small Employers (200 or less employees)
- AWEI 2019 Small Employers (200 or less employees) – click here to download
Standard AWEI (201+ employees)
- AWEI 2019 (201+ Employees) – Doc 1 of 3 – Employer Participation Details – click here to download
- AWEI 2019 (201+ Employees) – Doc 2 of 3 – Standing Submission – click here to download
- AWEI 2019 (201+ Employees) – Doc 3 of 3 – Annual Submission – click here to download
2019 Individual Award Nomination Forms
- 2019 CEO of the Year – click here to download
- 2019 Executive Leadership Award – click here to download
- 2019 External Media Campaign Award – click here to download
- 2019 Network Leader of the Year Award – click here to download
- 2019 OUT Role Model Award – click here to download
- 2019 Sally Webster Ally Award – click here to download
- 2019 Sapphire Inspire Awards (for LGBTI) Women – click here to download
2019 Document Revisions
|09/07/18||All submission documents||Initial|
|10/07/18||AWEI 2019 (200+ Employees) – Doc 3 of 3 – Annual Submission||1.1||Pages 9-10 - Table header incorrect on both pages changed to "Targeted Training within 2018". Now reflects table content.|
|22/08/18||AWEI 2019 Small Employers||1.1||Page 18 - Table (e) changed to (d)|
AWEI Mailing List
Keep up to date with all the latest notifications, includes tips, reminders, press releases, reminders by joining our AWEI Mailing List. Click here to register.
For more information on the 2019 AWEI and Australian LGBTI Inclusion Awards event, please contact the Pride in Diversity office on (02) 9206 2139.